|Flag of Chukotka Autonomous Okrug|
|Adopted||December 28, 1994|
|Designed by||A.A. Nikolayeva|
The flag of Chukotka Autonomous Okrug, in Russia, is a blue field charged with a white triangle at the hoist side. At the centre of the triangle is a roundel of the Russian national flag rimmed with a thick yellow border.
- The triangle symbolises the peninsular position of the okrug — the easternmost territory of Russia.
- The white stands for the Arctic, midnight sun, snowy landscape, pure and vulnerable land.
- The blue field stands for the waters of the two oceans: the Arctic and the Pacific.
- The Yellow ring with the Russian tricolour in it, symbolises that in this region the sun raises over Russia, and here a new day begins; and stands for yarar, traditional instrument of the local ingenious peoples.
- The yellow stands also for gold and gold-mining, one of the main industries of the region.
- ↑ Chukotskiy Avtonomnyy Okrug at Vexillographia.ru
- ↑ Flag of Chukotskiy Autonomous Okrug at Russian Wikipedia