|Flag of Ireland|
|Adopted||January 21, 1919 |
|Designed by||Irish Nationalists and Republicans |
The flag of the Republic of Ireland is an equal vertical tricolour of green, white, and orange. Sometimes the orange is inaccurately replaced with gold.
- The flag of Leinster (a province of Ireland) is a green flag with a centered golden harp. The gold harp is from the Irish Coat of Arms. The flag of Leinster was also used from the 17th century until 1922 as an unofficial flag of Ireland. A variation of this flag includes golden shamrocks and the motto "Erin Go Bragh" which translates to "Ireland Forever".
- The Ulster Banner is the former banner of the Government of Northern Ireland 1953-1972.
- St. Patrick's Cross is sometimes used as a symbol of Ireland and is used in the flag of the United Kingdom.
- ↑ ireland flag and description at WorldAtlas.Com
- ↑ CAIN: Symbols - Flags Used in Northern Ireland
- ↑ Ireland's Flag at EnchantedLearning.com
- ↑ Irish Flags
Flags of the Celtic PeoplesEdit
|Flags of the Celtic Peoples|
|Breton Flag ● Cornish Flag ● Irish Flag ● Northern Irish Flag ● Manx Flag ● Scottish Flag ● Welsh Flag|