|Flag of Murmansk Oblast|
|Adopted||June 4, 2004 |
|Designed by||P. Abarin |
The flag of Murmansk Oblast, Russia, is a rectangle with width/length proportions 2:3 consisting of two horizontal stripes: blue (upper), and red (lower). The widths of the stripes are 4:1 correspondingly. The blue stripe is defaced with stylized aurora borealis; its width is 2/5 of the flag length.
- The blue is a symbol of beauty and greatness.
- The red is a symbol of courage and strength.
- Aurora borealis symbolizes that the oblast is located to the north from the Arctic Circle.
- ↑ Flag of Murmansk Region at Flags of the World
- ↑ Murmanskaya Oblast at vexillographia.ru
- ↑ The law of Murmanskaya Oblast of the Oblast Coat of Arms and Flag at the official site of the government of Murmanskaya Oblast